What is KeybLED?
KeybLED is a Panel applet which displays a keyboard's LED status. It is particularly useful for keyboards which lack their own LED status indicators (e.g. cordless keyboards), or just for the fun! It utilizes the XTest X-server extension of keyboard indicator state changes.
- Configurable LED size, shape, look, colour, LED orientation (vertical/horizontal), label size and label location (left/right, top/bottom, hidden);
- Ability to select which LEDs are displayed;
- Ability to turn on or off LEDs on startup;
- Ability to toggle LEDs by clicking on them;
- Ability to play a sound when an LED is toggled;
- Clicking on the applet pops up an indicator showing which LEDs are activated.
KeybLED is currently translated in English, French and German (applet only). Feel free to translate either the applet or the documentation (or both!) to other languages!
The sounds are taken from KDE 2.2, module kcontrol, are copyright 1998-2000 The KDE Control Center Developers, and are also distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2.
- 2004-07-11 - Version 0.65
- Fixed a build in a Makefile that was preventing KeybLED to be installed correctly.
- 2004-05-04 - Version 0.64
- Fixed a bug in the documentation that was preventing KeybLED to be built correctly
- 2003-09-15 - Version 0.63
- Updated admin/ dir for arm support
- Changed the license of the documentation from GFDL to GPL
- Minor updates to the French translation
- 2003-04-06 - Version 0.62
- gcc-2.95 fixes
- 2003-04-06 - Version 0.61
- Make sure the popup is large enough for the text
- Clarified the installation instructions
- 2003-03-19 - Version 0.60
- Switched to KDE 3 only
- Added sound support
- Refresh time is now fix
- Changed translated documentation to po format
- Lot of internal parts rewritten
These are screenshots of version 0.65:
|Circular LEDs with labels at top||Rectangular LEDs, vertical, with labels|
|Circular LEDs without label||
Rectangular LEDs (no CAPS.LOCK),
horizontal, with labels
|LED status popup|
In order to successfully run KeybLED, you will need Qt >= 3.0.3 and KDE >= 3.0.
To compile KeybLED, you will also have to have the following packages installed:
- libqt3-headers >= 3.0.3
- kdelibs4-devel >= 3.0
- poxml >= 2.2
- autoconf >= 2.53
- automake >= 1.6
- GNU C++ compiler. For help on obtaining this, please refer to your installations documentation.
You can find the installation instructions here or in the file INSTALL included in the sources.
As of January 20th, 2005 the current release version is 0.65
- KeybLED version 0.65 - 869785 bytes [GPG]
- KeybLED version 0.64 - 864796 bytes [GPG]
- KeybLED version 0.63 - 815720 bytes [GPG]
- KeybLED version 0.62 - 802466 bytes [GPG]
- KeybLED version 0.61 - 802380 bytes [GPG]
- KeybLED version 0.60 - 801951 bytes [GPG]
- KeybLED version 0.53 - 476573 bytes [GPG]
- KeybLED version 0.52 - 475162 bytes [GPG]
- KeybLED version 0.51 - 474802 bytes [GPG]
- KeybLED version 0.5 - 474654 bytes [GPG]
- KeybLED version 0.4 - 470400 bytes [GPG]
- KeybLED version 0.3 - 469041 bytes [GPG]
If you would like to contribute a binary package for your favorite distribution, please let me know!
You can browse the KeybLED documentation online here.
- Aurelien Jarno (homepage: http://www.aurel32.net)
- Thanks to
- Malte Starostik for the German translation.
- Lubos Lunak for his program numlockx from which most of the XTest code comes.
For all questions, bug report, hint or whishes, contact me!